Patient workflow optimization is the key to improving that standard of treatment that you are providing in a hospital or healthcare clinic.
This can be easily achieved by introducing secure messaging, if you have not already done so. Such a move results in improved efficiency, more content staff and satisfied patients. This is thanks to the elimination of workflow obstacles such as phone tag, slow results or inefficient methods of collaboration between consultants.
Secure messaging instantly improves the transition of communication and messages internally within a healthcare center or hospital while also guaranteeing compliance with all regulatory obligations. There will no longer be an issue with waiting for replies to phone calls, fax messages, emails or pages.
Indeed text messaging, phone calls, fax, pagers , etc will quickly become obsolete within your group following the introduction of secure messaging. Security is also completely enhanced so there is no chance of a breach while the message or data is in transit. This allows for less stress on the part of hospital staff and less worry for patients as they will see that they are being dealt with in a prompt and professional manner.
Secure messaging will lead to:
- Quicker replies to messages, resulting in more time to spend on treating patients directly.
- Easier communication between staff as they are in a position to use secure messaging on personal mobile devices for collaborating with others on the treatment team for a patient.
- Greater security and less chance of a HIPAA breach being caused by a cyber attack.
- Ensure regulatory compliance and qualification for the Meaningful Use incentive program.
Processes that are Made Better by Patient Workflow Optimization:
- Emergency Room, Laboratory and Pharmacy Patient Workflows: First responders can contact Emergency Room staff when the patient is en route for treatments to update them on the patient’s current condition. Pictures and video can be sent using secure messaging. Laboratories are able to use this system to address the chance of possible error in medication ordering occurring and setting up additional tests.
- Hospital Admissions: The admissions process is much quicker thanks too more straightforward listing of available beds, delivery of lab test results and easier collaboration between all involved consultants. Along with this, linkin an EMR or EHR to secure messaging can lead to test results being immediately viewable once they are uploaded to the hospital database.
- Hospital Discharges: This process is much more straightforward allowing patients to get back to their homes and families much more quickly. Automated alerts can be broadcast to all persons involved in the discharge process. This includes those who are arranging discharge, unit secretaries, nurses and other appropriate people so they can finish necessary steps to allow the patients to be discharged in less time.